At Rioned we take great pride in being at the vanguard of technological developments in the sewer and drainage section. A key part of the development process is listening to customer feedback to understand where new technology and equipment may help engineers and businesses work smarter.
Ahead of the launch of the eControl Touch, the latest iteration of our integrated sewer machine management system, we asked customers around the globe to tell us about how they use technology in their everyday roles. The response to the survey was fantastic and will help us to keep setting the standard for the industry. The infographic below highlights some of the feedback from our UK customers.
WHO TOOK THE RIONED SURVEY?
- 35% Directors/Business Owners
- 12% Managers
- 10% Sales People
- 43% Engineers
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS CONSIDER THE MOST IMPORTANT RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN DRAIN CLEANING EQUIPMENT?
- "More power, whilst reducing weight and carbon emissions."
- "Being able to operate machines remotely along with quieter machines."
- "Electric power rather than fuel. More sophisticated. remote controls."
TECHNOLOGY IN THE DRAINAGE INDUSTRY
How do you hear about new technology innovations in the drainage industry?
- Trade Publications - 68%
- Internet Searches - 51%
- Word of Mouth - 47%
- Other - 13%
How did you first learn about Rioned products?
- Word of Mouth - 16%
- Rioned Marketing - 26%
- Trade Publications - 28%
- Internet Searches - 10%
- Social Media - 2%
- Other - 20%
62.7% of people use technology to achieve their objectives
94.1% of people think technology makes their work more efficient
WHICH RECENT EQUIPMENT ADVANCEMENTS ARE MOST IMPORTANT TO CLIENTS?
- Stage v compliant engines were rated 7 out of 10
- Remote control systems were rated 8 out of 10
- Engine, pump & system monitoring was rated 7.8 out of 10
- Camera survey systems were rated 9 out of 10
OPINIONS ON THE eCONTROL+
In October 2021 Rioned launched the eControl Touch, the next-generation sewer machine control system.
If you have used Rioned’s eControl system, have you found it beneficial to your work?
- 6% - not at all
- 15% - Somewhat useful
- 41% - Very useful
- 38% - Essential
How easy do you find the eControl unit to use?
- 6% - Not at all
- 29% - somewhat
- 64% - Very
HOW DO FEEL RIONED MACHINES COMPARE TO OTHER MACHINES ON THE MARKET?
- "Great quality. You get what you pay for if you want the job done."
- “Reputation of kit carries weight and reliability is very good."
- "Simply the best! The others don’t last and after-care is second to none."
WHAT FEATURES OF RIONED EQUIPMENT ARE MOST IMPORTANT TO THE CUSTOMERS?
- Pump Performance was rated 8.7 out of 10
- Engine Capacity was rated 7.7 out of 10
- Remote Control was rated 8.6 out of 10
- eControl was rated 8.0 out of 10
CUSTOMER RECOMMENDATIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT TO THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES RIONED OFFER?
- "A better way to fill water tanks needs better flow."
- "Fewer emissions. Better fuel efficiency."
- "Continued innovation and end-user input."
- "Change the filling hose to a softer hose."
- "Be able to remove keys from unit whilst working remotely."
- "Personal contract purchase options.”
- “Would like a service or repair centre nearer to London.”
For more information about the eControl Touch, view the Product Page